Warrior IV Life Fitness
CHANGE?! It Starts From Within...And Here's The Good News!
YOU Can Do It!!!
So, a Little About Me
First and foremost, I wish to make one thing abundantly clear: This is not about me. It is about YOU! So, I only share the following “Little About Me” so that you who may not know me (yet!) can get a clearer understanding of “where I’m coming from.” I’ll freely admit that I, personally, have nothing to boast about; and I certainly don’t claim to “know it all.”
That having been said, here’s a Little About Me (focusing on my Fitness credentials and background):
I. Retired U.S. Army Colonel (retired from active duty in 2011), with 23 years plus uniformed service. Twice deployed to combat zones. U.S. Army War College graduate, U.S. Army Command & General Staff College graduate, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Military Law (with International & Operational Law Speciality, U.S. Army Judge Advocate Legal Center & School (TJAGLCS). Army Master Fitness Trainer certified.
II. Founder and creator of “Warrior IV Life Fitness” (WIVLF), a holistic Fitness-health-wellness class offered to military personnel and their family members (and, ultimately, now to the general public) at many diverse locations (2002-Present):
- U.S. Army Human Resources Command – St. Louis (HRC-STL), St. Louis, MO (2002-2004);
- U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) / MacDill Air Force Base (MDAFB), Tampa, FL (2004-2006);
- Kandahar Air Field (KAF – U.S. Forces), Kandahar, Afghanistan (2004-2005);
- 89th Regional Readiness Command (RRC) / McConnell Air Force Base (MCAFB), Wichita, KS (2006-2009 and 2011-Present); and
- Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, WIVLF, and Yoga Teacher. Numerous military temporary duty (TDY) sites and, since 2011, throughout
- Wichita, KS area (YMCA, Anytime Fitness, Regent Retirement Community, et al.) (2014-Present)
III. Assistant Professor / Assistant Coach – Kansas Wesleyan University (KWU), Salina, KS (1993-1995): Taught Criminal Justice and Business courses (both Graduate and Undergraduate). Assistant Coach of KWU Men’s Basketball Team. Started fencing program, taught fencing and founded and coached “Coyote Fencing Club.” Chaired Judiciary Committee. Advised, mentored, and counseled students and prospective students. Revised and expanded Criminal Justice Program. Instituted, organized, managed, and advised “Legal Studies Club.”
IV. Middle School Head Basketball Coach – St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School (STA), Wichita, KS (2014-2018).
V. Hold a Master of Arts in History of Sport & Culture – De Montfort University (DMU), Leicester, England, UK (Jan 2013).
VI. Played junior varsity and varsity basketball in college (Friends University). Served 23 years in U.S. Army, retiring from Active Duty with rank of Colonel (O-6). Certified Master Fitness Trainer with Army. Repeatedly awarded for performance on Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT). Competitor (and frequent award winner) in numerous fencing tournaments (foil) and mid-distance running events (2 mile – 10 KM).
VII. Senior Contributor on Internet / web radio programme now into its 9th season (with over 180 shows Podcast and available for listening anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day), namely: The Church Broadcasting Entity’s (CBE’s) “Spirit of Fitness.” Tap into “the Spirit” by Clicking on the Podcast Button directly below!
A Few Miscellaneous Fitness Training Certifications / Credentials:
• U.S. Army Master Fitness Trainer (Mar 2001);
• U.S. Fencing Coaches Association (USFCA) Certified Moniteur D’escrime / Instructor of Fencing (Foil, Epee, and Saber) (Oct 1995);
• CPR, AED, 1st Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Certified (actively Certified in each since Apr 2009);
• National Aerobics and Fitness Trainers Association Boot Camp Instructor Certified (Apr 2012);
• Siva Power Yoga Teacher Training / Yoga Alliance (RYT 200 Hour Level Certification) (Jun 2011);
• Healthways SilverSneakers (Classic-2015) (Mar 2015);
YMCA Specific Training Certifications:
- Foundations of Group Exercise (Apr 2009 & Apr 2011);
- Healthy Lifestyle Principles (Apr 2009);
- Cardio & Step Aerobics Instructor (Apr 2009);
- Fundamentals of Lifestyle Wellness Coaching (Jun 2011);
- Yoga Choreography (Jun 2011);
- Foundations of Strength & Conditioning (Aug 2014);
- Pilates Instructor (Nov 2014).
Interested in deepening your understanding of the WIVLF concept and/or adopting the WIVLF lifestyle? Awesome! Maybe one of the best ways of doing this is by checking out one – or both – of our two books, available on Amazon.
1st Book: Warrior IV Life Fitness (WIVLF): 8-Week “The World is Your Gym” Physical Fitness Course: The is a great introductory book for those of you who would like to focus primarily on the physical aspect or component of “Fitness.” It’s slightly over 100 pages in length and contains detailed, step-by-step guidance on how you, yes, YOU, can achieve optimal Fitness in the comfort of your own home, without having to purchase any expensive equipment or travel to any far-off gymnasium facility. This book gives easy to follow, step-by-step guidance on how you might consider weaving in or sequencing all or some of our WIVLF “7 Modular Sub-Disciplines [MS-Ds] of Physical Fitness” into your existing sports or Fitness regimen, namely:
- Stretching-Flexibility (SF) Work;
- Aerobic-Cardiorespiratory (ACR) Work;
- Strength (STR) Work;
- Quickness-Agility-Coordination (QAC, aka Balance-Agility-Coordination [or BAC]) Work;
- Available Accessories or Equipment (A2E) Work: “The World is Your Gym!
- Martial Arts (MA) Work; and
- Particular Skills of Interest (PSOI) Work: This is where we help you learn to optimally incorporate or weave in or sequence your existing or aspirational sports or competitive Fitness endeavors into your own WIVLF Personalized Training Plan (WIVLF-PTP), a WIVLF-PTP which is just right for you!
“Warrior IV Life Fitness (WIVLF): 8-Week ‘The World is Your Gym!’ Physical Fitness Course!” Order yours today! Available NOW via Kindle, Soft Cover, as well as Hard Cover on Amazon!
2nd Book: Warrior IV Life Fitness (WIVLF): An Introduction: This is what we like to call “the monster” or “the big book!” Well over nine years in the making – well, actually, a lifetime in the making – this big book covers it all, setting the backdrop for the Warrior IV Life Fitness (WIVLF) idea (and a little bit about yours truly!), going into quite some detail as to the spiritual and historical foundation or backdrop for the WIVLF concept, giving Biographical Sketches from Holy Scripture and from various societies or cultures down through history and from around the world (many from even outside the Christian tradition), providing positive, uplifting, and inspirational “Warrior IV Life” examples and messages. Then we build upon that bedrock or foundation by introducing and discussing in some depth what we like to call, “The IV Pillars of Priority (or PoPs) of WIVLF, namely:
Faith (FTH); II. Family (FAM); III. Fitness (FIT); and IV. Field (FLD).
Again, this “monster” or big book is now in final editing stages and should be available o/a end of month July 2022. Once available, as with our 1st Book (see again above), it too will be available via Kindle, Soft Cover, as well as Hard Cover on Amazon. Projected to be over 900 pages in length, this monster or big book is sure to become a prized heirloom. Keep your eye out for this monster or big book! We’ll announce when it’s ready for purchase – and that should be quite soon (again, projected circa o/a end of month July 2022)!!!
Want to look cool and unabashedly proclaim your Warrior IV Life (WIVLF) “swag?” Well, just check out some of our really awesome items for your purchase consideration! Our inventory, which is ever-growing, includes:
– WIVLF T-Shirts: Available in black, olive green, tan, red, blue, or pink. Check out the WIVLF Logo on the front, right above your heart . . . and the really cool St. Michael the Archangel on the back!
– WIVLF Hats: Available in black, gray, brown, or tan. The WIVLF Logo really stands out on the front, wouldn’t you say?!
– WIVLF Patches: Very finely embroidered WIVLF Patches, suitable for sewing or gluing onto your very best athletic or social attire!
– WIVLF Key Rings: “Start me up . . . with WIVLF!”
– WIVLF Dog Tags: All military Warriors are issued “dog tags,” right?! Well, as a Warrior IV Life (or WIVLFer), you’ll be sure to want to get your very own WIVLF Dog Tag (featuring the WIVLF Banner image on one side & a classic St. Michael the Archangel image on the other!);
– WIVLF License Plates: Get where you’re going . . . proclaiming the WIVLF message!
– WIVLF Stickers: Put ’em on your window . . . or wherever!
– WIVLF Magnets: Perfect for the kitchen frig or office file box!
Get Yours on Today!!!
Get Your WIVLF Swag Stuff Here!!!
All these cool looking WIVLF products are available by direct order via Apple Graphix. Simply contact Apple Graphix by clicking HERE and place your order today! And tell a friend (because we’re sure others will ask you. “Where did you get that cool stuff?”) Or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You read that correctly! Yes, anybody who personally knows me knows how much I love tea! And those who have trained with me also already know how I customarily love to share my special blend of tea with my Fitness friends.
“Just what is that ‘special blend of tea,’” you might ask?
Well, that’s an industry secret . . . NOT REALLY! My “Warrior Tea” is simply my own favorite blend of black teas.
And now you can try Warrior Tea for yourself! Great either hot or iced (the latter being my own personal preference most of the time), Warrior Tea is sure to become a favorite in your household, whether to help you get ready for a busy day . . . or in keeping you energized and going during a great physical work-out . . . or in unwinding after that busy day or great work-out.
Warrior Tea?! Order yours today!
Awesome! You can order your Warrior Tea directly from our supplier – and our official WIVLF tea company affiliate – Lota Tea: Telephone # – 240-614-1077; Email Address – email@example.com; Web Address / Web Contact – https://lotatea.com/.
So, mate, get your Warrior Tea today! P.S. While we usually drink it iced, it’s also superb when drunk hot.